I’m developing a reviews site in WordPress, but am having some difficulties setting up the permalink structure I have in mind.
I created two extra custom post types “reviews” and “products”.
They both have the taxonomy “categories” attached to it. All reviews have the same name as the deepest category attached to it.
Reason for this I want 3 different pages:
- category page: list view of products within that category + a link to the detailed review for that category
- review page: a detailed review of all products listed beneath each other.
- product page: a detailed review of one particular product.
The permalink structure should be like this:
- category page: /%category%/ (so just the category hierarchy)
- review page: /%category%/review (I don’t use %postname% because a review will only be in one category hierarchy and I want to show the full category hierarchy in the url)
- product page: /%category%/%postname%/review
Is this actually technically possible?
I’ve been fiddling a lot yet (with adding permastructs) but only get 1 or 2 to work, but they seem to collide with eachother. Is there a way to bypass this?
Go to Source